Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Economical Way of Grinding

+2
Morve
Ljubljankou
6 posters

Go down

An Economical Way of Grinding Empty An Economical Way of Grinding

Post  Ljubljankou Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:20 pm

Here i want to show the way i'm grinding which is both efficient and economical I think.

You'll see i'm using CC items (only Lens stones, Talisman of Awakening ON/OFF, Lucky Charm ON/OFF) but I'm sparing it as much as I can.
For those who can't afford CC, be aware you'll need CC sooner or later, and when you'll be able to buy some with ingame gold, here is the way to grind with.
For those who can afford CC, then this is the way to spare some that you can use for other items like hp, agility, combi pots etc. pretty useful in GvG or siege.

This is the natural way to go for archers/hunters/rangers. I never really played knights/zerks but they probably go that way easily after level 40 when they've got all their low lvl aoes.
For mages/sorcs/elems is not natural, but it can be done (I leveled up a lv50 elem that way - without using pets).
The main point is to pull all the mobs you're gonna kill, at the same time, so they die at the same time, so you can spare on cc items.

EQUIPMENT

I'm doing it with a lv42 Hunter.
You can notice on following pics that my stuff is not awesome, even crappy on some parts (i don't even have wings). So everybody can do it.

An Economical Way of Grinding Weapon10An Economical Way of Grinding Cap10An Economical Way of Grinding Armor10An Economical Way of Grinding Hose10An Economical Way of Grinding Neck10An Economical Way of Grinding Ring210An Economical Way of Grinding Ring110

For level under 40, the main things are higher recovery potions and running good. When mobs drop medium pots you use large pots, when they drop large you use extra-large. You'll come with extra-large pots around lv32-33, maybe even earlier. Then if you're a long ranged class you'll never quit extra-large pots (in normal world). I don't know for high lv mages/warriors, maybe they use healing pots after lv60 or later.
And keep a stack of small/medium/large healing in your inventory in case of pk.

About mana pots, i'm using medium pots for pve (even with my lv73 char).
It's enough and cheaper all the way.
-medium pots 100MP recovery for 4k -> 40gold/MP
-large pots 150MP recovery for 15k -> 100gold/MP
So large are 2.5 times more expensive than medium. Go medium for pve, and keep a large stack in your inventory in case of pk if you need to.

PREPARING THE SPOT

Ok let's go to the spot. I'm not gonna make a list of good spots here, but if you want to grind quiet don't stand in human land on weekend, especially. If you have the choice between two spots, take the one with the slowest (move and attack) mobs or the easiest to pull.

For example in asylum 2nd stage, when you have choice between succubus room and erinies room, you go to erinies room. In 3rd dungeon ground floor, it seems to me that thiefs attack faster than gnoll, so I prefer gnoll, on 1st floor choice between canedog and voltex, I don't like to pull voltex cause one is enough to blur all my screen and i don't see the others and I have to move more than normal, so canedogs for me etc.

So here I'm in 3rd moonelf dungeon, ground floor, big room. Mobs lv42-44.
There are 14 normal mobs + 1 elem thief + 1 boss.
Obviously elem and boss are problems i don't want them to seep through my train, so i have to clean the room of them.

An Economical Way of Grinding Boss110An Economical Way of Grinding Boss210An Economical Way of Grinding Boss310An Economical Way of Grinding Boss410

NB: When you log in back, don't forget to get your party back. As you can see on next pics, I forgot that Rolling Eyes

BUFFS

So,
- toolbar 1 for attack skills/lens/talisman/lucky charm
- toolbar 2 for buffs/quickness pots/attack speed pots/food/hp pots/whatever

(here i can put buffs in first bar cause i only got 3 pve attack skills)
An Economical Way of Grinding Toolba11
An Economical Way of Grinding Toolba12

CC HP pots in case of pk (could as well have broiled dragon/bear for that)
You can also notice that I got both medium and large quickness(light speed) potions. Indeed, when large pot ends, you put medium and so on, that way you bypass the cooldown.
Light speed are not necessary, but help pulling mobs with normal attack. I think they can be quite useful for mages/warriors who want to do that way.

An Economical Way of Grinding Buff111An Economical Way of Grinding Buff210

About Lens Stones, if you can't afford much of them, then use them only for buffs. Know that they are very useful with attack skills, cause they strengthen attacks, reduce cooldown and even reduce casting time (though is not mentioned in description). But you don't want to spend them when pulling mobs in any case, so you put them off before starting pulling mobs.

THE TRAIN

An Economical Way of Grinding Train110An Economical Way of Grinding Train210An Economical Way of Grinding Train310An Economical Way of Grinding Train410

An Economical Way of Grinding Train510An Economical Way of Grinding Train610An Economical Way of Grinding Train710An Economical Way of Grinding Train810

An Economical Way of Grinding Train910An Economical Way of Grinding Train111An Economical Way of Grinding Train113An Economical Way of Grinding Train112

If you want to use lens stones, put them on just before you slow all mobs together.

Notice that when you put talisman/charm/lens on, it stops you in the run. To bypass this, you have to put them on right after you press your aoe key.

Now I don't call that "Talisman of Awakening ON/OFF" but " Forever Talisman" Wink
I wasn't doing this with my main char at the beginning, so I can't tell for sure, but I think you can go from lv1 to 65-68 with only one Talisman.
I did that way from lv1 with an archer and a ranger. Now they are lv53 and 50 and there's 18h30 and 19h30 remaining on talisman and charm...

Feel free to ask about details or to comment this, especially for warriors/mages add-on.

Last edited by Ljubljankou on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:10 am; edited 4 times in total
Ljubljankou
Ljubljankou
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Antal inlägg : 52

LeveL
LeveL:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue0/79An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (0/79)
Sleep:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue6/24An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (6/24)
addiction to games:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue5/10An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)

Back to top Go down

An Economical Way of Grinding Empty Re: An Economical Way of Grinding

Post  Morve Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:49 am

Nice guide Ljub Smile

never used my ToA that way, I'm just too lazy to hit the button every minute ^^
I'll try it with my lucky charm though, especially when grinding those elite mobs, takes 3-4 minutes before they go down lol
Morve
Morve
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Antal inlägg : 29

LeveL
LeveL:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue1/99An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (1/99)
Sleep:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue1/24An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (1/24)
addiction to games:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue1/10An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ljubljankou Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:15 am

Yep, forgot to mention that it requires focus and some training to master this technic. At beginning, sometimes you finish your train and see you forgot to put talisman/charm on, or you get trapped into your train while putting on cause it stops you in the run (edited guide about that). But at the end you get used to that, and it goes automatical and you start feeling you're doing a good job at pve Wink

In numbers, I spent 13h of effective grinding for my lv72 and only 2h on talisman. So I'm using only one talisman 250cc when you use 6 of them 1.5kcc. On the long run it's not to be neglected Razz

Last edited by Ljubljankou on Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:21 am; edited 5 times in total
Ljubljankou
Ljubljankou
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

LeveL
LeveL:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue0/79An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (0/79)
Sleep:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue6/24An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (6/24)
addiction to games:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue5/10An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nexcro Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:39 am

Nice guide Ljub Razz
Nexcro
Nexcro
Lord of Bytes
Lord of Bytes

Antal inlägg : 471

LeveL
LeveL:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue70/99An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (70/99)
Sleep:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue10/24An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (10/24)
addiction to games:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue10/10An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

http://jansson311.110mb.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Ljubljankou Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:47 am

I would like to make a video, but I don't really know how to do compression process (I mean I can do it but it's just awful quality, so i need to know how to do better) and i'm too lazy to figure it out by myself. So if someone provides me a full tutorial on how to do, i will follow it.
Ljubljankou
Ljubljankou
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

LeveL
LeveL:
Sleep:
addiction to games:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nexcro Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:53 am

dont try to take to many first time , and if u are mage, sorc and ele dont dont run becouse then u dont get the +36% attack speed reduce then its

1. pull
2. Mass snare
3. attack AOE
4. done ^^

so the run idea dont work for me on magic classes only meele and range cheers
Nexcro
Nexcro
Lord of Bytes
Lord of Bytes

LeveL
LeveL:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue70/99An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (70/99)
Sleep:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue10/24An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (10/24)
addiction to games:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue10/10An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ljubljankou Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:06 am

Nexcro wrote:dont try to take to many first time , and if u are mage, sorc and ele dont dont run becouse then u dont get the +36% attack speed reduce then its

1. pull
2. Mass snare
3. attack AOE
4. done ^^

so the run idea dont work for me on magic classes only meele and range cheers

Actually the main concern is sparing on talisman and charm. The problem with the natural mages' way of grinding is that you don't really pull all mobs at the same time, you start pulling some and the others come with your aoe, so they don't die at the same time and you can't spare your cc items.
So if as a mage you want to spare on cc, you have to adapt your way of doing things, if you're able to do without running then good. And as I said it can be done, but effectively you probably should pull less mob than a long ranged class (but you kill faster so it's even).
Anyways the main point is to pull all the mobs you're gonna kill, at the same time, so they die at the same time (edited on 1st post). And if you're an elementalist you wouldn't like to use your pets for pve, cause you can't control when mobs gonna die.
Ljubljankou
Ljubljankou
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

LeveL
LeveL:
Sleep:
addiction to games:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lugashal Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:39 am

Well, I haven't played very many mage/sorcs, but I have played an elem quite a bit. What I learned was fairly close to melee classes. Where melee has the ability to withstand damage, sorcs/mages have atks that slow the mobs. Using these in regular rotation with the other atks is pretty much the key. Same thing for pvp.
Lugashal
Lugashal
Wiey Old Veteran
Wiey Old Veteran

Antal inlägg : 66

https://huntoffaith.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nexcro Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:47 am

Lugashal wrote:Well, I haven't played very many mage/sorcs, but I have played an elem quite a bit. What I learned was fairly close to melee classes. Where melee has the ability to withstand damage, sorcs/mages have atks that slow the mobs. Using these in regular rotation with the other atks is pretty much the key. Same thing for pvp.

well mage and sorc have 2 attacks but if u whant dmg u will lose 5-10 points ,

Mass snare is -36% movement speed reduce and attack speed reduce

Wind Quake is -30% movement speed reduce

and sorc have Assimilate soak dmg to hp, thats help a litle bit and i dont care if i spend lite more cc on every level ^^

u can pull 5-7 so u kill them at the same time btw ^^
Nexcro
Nexcro
Lord of Bytes
Lord of Bytes

LeveL
LeveL:
Sleep:
addiction to games:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ljubljankou Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:15 am

Nexcro wrote:

You know what? i wasn't even aware that sorcs and mages have 2 slowing aoes (normal, i got a lv26 sorc and lv28 mage so I've never paid attention to wind quake lv29 Rolling Eyes )... maxed out, that's awesome.

If you were running a bit, you could pull much more than 5-7 mobs... really...
Ljubljankou
Ljubljankou
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

LeveL
LeveL:
Sleep:
addiction to games:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nexcro Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:30 am

Ljubljankou wrote:
Nexcro wrote:

You know what? i wasn't even aware that sorcs and mages have 2 slowing aoes (normal, i got a lv26 sorc and lv28 mage so I've never paid attention to wind quake lv29 Rolling Eyes )... maxed out, that's awesome.

If you were running a bit, you could pull much more than 5-7 mobs... really...

yea but i wouldt do 1k dmg ^^
Nexcro
Nexcro
Lord of Bytes
Lord of Bytes

LeveL
LeveL:
Sleep:
addiction to games:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ljubljankou Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:52 am

Nexcro wrote:

I don't get the connection. Can you explain pls?
Ljubljankou
Ljubljankou
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

LeveL
LeveL:
Sleep:
addiction to games:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nexcro Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:49 am

Ljubljankou wrote:
Nexcro wrote:

I don't get the connection. Can you explain pls?

then i must take 10 points on Mass and the other one and my attack ingrese i cant have to later ^^

mass dose 800-900 dmg and the other i dont know but the same i thiink Razz
Nexcro
Nexcro
Lord of Bytes
Lord of Bytes

LeveL
LeveL:
Sleep:
addiction to games:

Back to top Go down

Post  Morve Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:37 pm

Here's an extra tip if you're using Ljubs technique for grinding (which you should Smile).
You can put on your ToA and Lucky Charm while casting a skill
so, you don't have to interrupt your running Wink

Edit: Oh, nvm, Ljub edited his guide already 'bout this, didn't notice xD
Morve
Morve
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Antal inlägg : 29

LeveL
LeveL:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue1/99An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (1/99)
Sleep:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue1/24An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (1/24)
addiction to games:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue1/10An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikisama Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:40 pm

it was verry usefull TY. when i clean the room from boss or ele mobs i dont use relog cuz i loose my party i just use double pastport its the same Very Happy
Nikisama
Nikisama
Otaku
Otaku

Antal inlägg : 67

LeveL
LeveL:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue55/99An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (55/99)
Sleep:
An Economical Way of Grinding Left_bar_bleue7/24An Economical Way of Grinding Empty_bar_bleue  (7/24)
addiction to games:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunpeel Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:53 pm

I´ve been using this technique since I got my first CC, works really great with the on/off switching with TOA.It feels natural once u getting used to it.
Dunpeel
Dunpeel
Shy and quiet
Shy and quiet

Antal inlägg : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum